Kawai GM-10

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:46:11 EST

In a message dated 2/26/05 8:17:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

All this  talk of rescaling the Yamaha GH1 reminded me that I've been
meaning to  mention a recent experience with a new Kawai GM-10, which I
guess is their  5 foot nothin' grand.

I tune many small Yamahas -- C1, G1, GH1, GP1,  GC1 and now GE1. OK, so
the C1 and the GC1 are OK. As for the rest, the  less said the better.

I tuned a Kawai GM-10 a few weeks ago. It was  lovely. Absolutely
lovely. Case, action, scale, full sostenuto, beautiful  refined tone,
all lovely, and tuned OK too. With this piano out there, I  don't see
much reason to be rescaling small  Yamahas...

Kent,

I tune quite a few of these.  I think Kawai did a nice job  of making a small
piano sound pretty good.  You can actually tune the  notes near the
bass/treble strut.

On the other hand, I've had customers complain about certain notes at the
break on these, too.  They are usually people who expect the piano to sound
like a piano that cost 3 times as much.

To my ear, this piano sounds leaps and bounds better than the pocket  Yamahas
I've tuned.

Dave Stahl