Please confirm your message

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:47:32 EST

In a message dated 2/27/05 6:38:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fullnotch@westpa.net writes:

In a message dated 2/26/05 8:24:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fullnotch@westpa.net writes:

Hi,all:

I have a client w/ a Schafer & Sons studio  piano. It is about 10-12 years
old, and has recently developed bass string  breakage. The strings have been
breaking at the upper capo- right at the  side brng. pin. I think the mfg, should
make this right for the customer.  Unfortunately, I think the mfg. is out of
business as I cannot find any  current info. Some of these were made by Young
Chang. Anyone with up to date  info on this piano? I think they were made in
Ca. originally.
Thank you.

Jon E. Erickson

P.S.:
No rust!!

Hi Jon,

This one could have been built by Samick or a Young  Chang.  Whoever built
it, I doubt that this problem would be covered by  manufacturer's warranty,
especially if the warranty is for 10 years.   Figuring out who built the piano is
the first step to getting new strings,  whether they're covered under warranty
or not.

Dave Stahl