sluggish action

Phil Romano promano@nc.rr.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:16:59 -0500

80 proof, vodka is 40% alcohol. 100 proof- 50 % etc.. dilute to your
preference. If you live in a state where you can buy Everclear, it is
90% (180 proof) ethyl alcohol.

Phil Romano
Raleigh, NC

 -----Original Message-----
From: David Ilvedson [mailto:ilvey@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:12 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: sluggish action

I like the vodka idea.   Does anyone know what the ratio is of alcohol
to water?   I have a sluggish damper system to deal with this week.
I've tried Goose & Protek but it doesn't last, so I'm going to try
alchol/water.  I suppose hair dryer would be helpful but I imagine it
will wreck havoc with the tuning...maybe just the air moving no heat?
If I'm making it up myself, what is the ratio of alcohol to water?   1
part water to 5 parts alcohol.

David Ilvedson

   _____