sluggish action

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:20:47 -0800

80 proof vodka is 40% alcohol. 100 proof is 50% alcohol.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of David Ilvedson
  Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:12 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: sluggish action

  I like the vodka idea.   Does anyone know what the ratio is of alcohol to
water?   I have a sluggish damper system to deal with this week.   I've
tried Goose & Protek but it doesn't last, so I'm going to try alchol/water.
I suppose hair dryer would be helpful but I imagine it will wreck havoc with
the tuning...maybe just the air moving no heat?   If I'm making it up
myself, what is the ratio of alcohol to water?   1 part water to 5 parts
alcohol.

  David Ilvedson