sluggish action

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:16:57 EST

I've used vodka before.  It works, and if for some strange reason it
doesn't, you can mix it with some OJ and make another tool that will remedy the
pain--a screwdriver!

Dave S.

In a message dated 2/27/05 3:17:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
promano@nc.rr.com writes:

80 proof, vodka is 40% alcohol. 100 proof- 50 %  etc.. dilute to your
preference. If  you live in a state where you can buy Everclear, it is 90% (180
proof) ethyl  alcohol.

Phil  Romano
Raleigh, NC

 -----Original  Message-----
From: David Ilvedson [mailto:ilvey@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:12 PM
To:  pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: sluggish  action

I like the vodka  idea.   Does anyone know what the ratio is of alcohol to
water?   I have a sluggish damper system to deal with this  week.   I've tried
Goose & Protek but it doesn't last, so I'm  going to try alchol/water.  I
suppose hair dryer would be helpful  but I imagine it will wreck havoc with the
tuning...maybe just the air  moving no heat?   If I'm making it up myself, what
is the ratio of  alcohol to water?   1 part water to 5 parts alcohol.

David  Ilvedson