Pictures of Intereting Sound board designs (Modified by KentSwafford)

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:37:05 EST

Dale Wrote:

Well all I  know  is that in many of the older designs I hear the most
sustain  & musical life in are from these old boards. You explain it to me  please.
Yes,  They were probably compression crowned. I don't  know  if the ribs were
crowned  except perhaps a little on the Ludwig. I  haven't even checked the
crown. But I will & report after I take the  strings off. Fair enough.

  I write this
  By the way I did measure slightly reverse crown on the  Ludwig board. Go
figure. The Elburn had about 2 mm max. Now the board  could be pushed flat with
bearing or just flat with no bearing.  In either case one really can't tell
Much for certain sure till the strings  come off.
  Gordon , You were correct the piano is a full 5 ft wide  & 4 whole inches
wider than a Stwy M. Big board small piano. It is only 44  inches tall.
   Dale Erwin