Flange Rebushing

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:17:25 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0058_01C51D5D.2B97CD60
Thanks John and Keith. I have that Renner tool (also available from the =
Mother!) and use it to size my bushing cloth. I attended a repinning =
class given by Joel Rappaport a few years ago at one of the conventions. =
He addressed the wonders of the long Renner center pin wires. I have the =
handout and my notes, but nowhere in there does it say anything about =
any clever way to use the long wires during the bushing cloth =
installation process. I thought I remembered him daisy-chaining the =
whole bunch together in one shot, but maybe not. Anyone use the long =
wires?

Terry Farrell

  John M. Ross   Flange Bush Cloth Calibration Tool - 1855=20
        This handy tool sizes bushing cloth prior to installation. =20

        I find this tool from Renner to be=20
        a good help.=20

  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

    First get your bushing cloth ripped to the right width. If it keeps =
breaking when you pull it through or it's too easy to pull, these are =
your indicators. Trim the cloth to a long point and I use my needle nose =
pliers to grab the cloth the roll them against the flange to pull very =
evenly. Only a small amount comes through with each roll of the pliers. =
Feed it through the other side of the flange and keep pulling through =
until you have enough cloth to grab it with your hand and pull it all =
the way to almost the end. A SMALL dab of glue and pull the cloth on in =
cut it off long and jam a #20 pin in and let dry.  Use a tack like the =
ones used to hang the damp chaser rod, it's .050" or a #20 and the sharp =
tip makes it easy to slide in. When the glue dries, trim the excess felt =
off and assemble the flange with the right pin and size the bushing to =
the pin with  30% water/ alcohol. When it dries it's the right fit. =
Don't force dry it.=20

    If you need them to work now. Ream a size smaller than the pin you =
are using, put the pin in and heat the tip with a lighter, 7 count. Work =
the flange, Burnishes it.=20

    Keith Roberts

      Got a question regarding rebushing action centers - I have done =
only very little of this. Is it best to install the cloth and then ream =
and pin, or is it a good thing to install the cloth and insert a pin at =
the same time to size the bushing? Seems like I need to stipulate a =
whole bunch more particulars, but that is the essential question.

      Terry Farrell
------=_NextPart_001_0058_01C51D5D.2B97CD60
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0058_01C51D5D.2B97CD60--