My First Agraffe

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:52:30 -0500

Funny you should bring this up. I had been meaning to post a related
question: Why agraffes at all? Or at least brass agraffes. With such a soft
metal, seems to me you are always going to have grooves forming and all the
related garbage noises.

What about a nice stainless agraffe (if you gotta have an agraffe)?

What about those cheepie microgrands with the capo-type bars across the full
string scale? What about a forward string termination design more akin to
the upright pressure-bar and V-bar?

Agraffes are good for costetics - they line the strings up nice and they
look pretty cool, but beyond that, what good are they? If we can line up
strings in the two capo sections of most grands, I'm sure we are all capable
of doing it in the tenor and bass.

Or what?

Terry Farrell

SNIP