Removing broken aggraffes

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:32:23 -0600

Been there, done that, ruined a perfectly wonderful tuning hammer by
doing so.
Fran Helms, Topeka, KS

>>> David Ilvedson <ilvey@sbcglobal.net> 02/28/05 10:22 AM >>>
Hey, I don't need to carry another tool I'll hardly ever use in my kit.
  I'm using my tuning "hammer" just as the name says.   I use my tuning
"hammer" for seating strings on the bridge, occasionally tapping a
tuning pin in a little bit, I've used it to loosen a lyre...many
times...are you beginning to "wig out" yet, Joe?   You should see the
top of my tuning "hammer".   It's got dents and is sort of
deformed...it's great!   How you feeling Joe?

David Ilvedson,

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Removing broken aggraffes

David Ilvedson said: "Then with a vice-grip attached, turn
counter-clockwise while tapping on the screwdriver head with your tuning
hammer.   You will "almost" always get it out that way with little
fuss!"
David,
You gots mucho gazongas to suggest such a thing, when you know the
"cap'n" is watchin'! That thingee is called a Tuning Wrench/Lever! It
ain't no damned "hammer"! Sheesh! Shame on you! A hammer, (the little
suckeer that fits in your combo handle), costs only a few bucks. That
Tuning Lever is a whole helluva lot more expensive! Please use the
proper tool for the job. Thankye much.<G>
No Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I