Follow-up: Looking for bookkeeping software

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:01:33

Hi Geoff,

The problem with Quicken is that if you wish to use it in the most
efficient manner (i.e. downloads from your bank and credit card) that every
three years you end up buying a new version in order to keep the "license"
to download. I'd give it zero stars for that reason.

Another *very* annoying quirk is that cut and paste "into" Quicken is
disabled.

That said the software does do exactly what it purports to do. Track your
expenses and your income.

If you wish you can "roll your own" using a spreadsheet. It's not
difficult--but you loose the ability to download data electronically. This
means more time in the office--and less time out in the field earning dollars.

At 03:06 PM 2/28/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Thanks to all for the bookkeeping software suggestions. I have finally had
some time to investigate them and find that both Quicken 2005 and
Quickbooks 2005 are pretty much panned on Amazon.com. Both have received
only one star with a grudge and the people submitting comments all yearn
for much earlier versions. MS Money 2005 doesn't far much better. So,
knowing that results may vary, what problems, if any, have you people
experienced with this software. Has anyone upgraded to 2005 versions?