customer handout

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:30:49 -0700

At 09:22 AM 6/3/2005, Dave Stahl  wrote:

>Maintaining standard concert pitch--A 4, the A above middle C, set to 440
>Hz., or cycles per second--is important for the developing ear.

I would avoid using the term "standard concert pitch" for two reasons:

1. "International concert pitch" was a pitch standard used around the turn
of the 20th century, and was in fact A=432. It['s best not to use confusing
terminology.

2. When you introduce the term "concert" to the discussion, you are giving
your customer the opening to think "well, I'm not playing in a concert, so
why should I care about standard concert pitch?"

I suggest - drop the word "concert", and stick with "standard pitch".

Israel Stein