Customer Handout -- for review (and flameage)

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 01:24:37 EDT

Brad,

Thanks for your encouraging words.  My idea behind this is to give  customers
something they can easily understand.   Unfortunately,  I was unable to
download your pamphlet.  If you could send me a copy via  snail mail, I'd
appreciate it.

Yes, Joe and David, the PTG has publications available, but that's not  the
point.  They are good, but IMHO, sterile.  I've given them to  customers, and
gone back a year later to find them completely unmolested at the  bottom of the
piano bench as I went to tighten the legs.

People like a personal touch when it comes to something as dear  as their
beautiful piano--my recommendations, not something compiled  by an organization.
Not something they have to study, but something that  makes sense to them that
they can read as I'm tuning. That was my point in  doing this.

What we sell is ourselves.  We can be the absolute best techs on the  planet,
but if people don't feel comfortable having us in their home, we'll  end up
in the poorhouse.

This handout is a very brief introduction to our world.   I've  had nothing
but positive responses from the few customers and dealers I've  given them to.
It isn't meant to be a piano technology encyclopedia,  just a door to
communication, and hopefully the beginning of a good  business relationship.

Thanks for all of your comments,

Dave