Customer Handout-------

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:19:31 -0700

I agree with Joe...PTG has plenty of publications with some=
 authority behind them...

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Customer Handout-------

Personally, I wouldn't even bother. There is an excellant=
 publication by Phillip Gurlick that is easy to read/understand.=
 It is published by Randy Potter. When you hand a customer a=
 handout, such as you are working on, they are YOUR words, not=
 something that is more likely to be taken in by the client if=
 written by someone else, IMO. Further, I've found, over the=
 years, the pamphlets, etc., that I gave clients, went unread.=
 Whereas, the "book" is more often read. Also, a book is a handy=
 reference for the client that will stay in better condition than=
 a piece of paper, (lost in the stack of music.<G>)
Just my thoughts on the subject.
I order several hundred, from Randy, at a time. I have been know=
 to give one to a prospective client, in a Safeway Parking Lot,=
 just because they noticed my License Plate "2NRGUY".<G> It's the=
 second best advertising I know of, outside of my business card=
 and word of mouth.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police