You have received photos from Adobe Photoshop Album

Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:00:38 +0100

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C56ACA.06DBBFD0
Hello Carl T and List
I send these photos (taken Nov 02 of a large Bluthner upright =
over-strung under damped) which had a broken bass string. The breakage =
occured leaving too little core to use to tie a knot in so I had to =
resort to stripping back some of the copper covering. The photo story =
shows how I repaired it using a pre-formed reef-knot technique. I =
thought I had sent these photos before. They were taken with a cheapo =
Kodak DC3200 so there's a lot of fuzziness - but the message gets =
through, I hope! Look at them in this order:
0512.jpg Showing the broken end still attached to the wrest pin
0513.jpg Using a strong bradawl to gouge out the becket
0515.jpg The break was at the top guide pin
0508.jpg Mic'ing the core - the new wire must be the same diameter!
0510.jpg Using the side-cutters to score through the copper covering
0509.jpg Removing/unwinding the old copper covering back to the scored =
part (see 0510.jpg)
"string repair.jpg" Using the small round-nosed pliers to pre-form one =
half of the reef knot
0506.jpg Bending a "shepherds crook"  Both ends are treated this way and =
its a lovely Chinese puzzle to assemble the knot!
0504.jpg The assembled reef knot!
0511.jpg Using the "T" hammer to unwind the wrest-pin four whole turns!

NOTE: This selection of photos comes with a down-load site for =
Photoshop(R) Album 2.0 Starter Edition so you can see them!

Download Photoshop(R) Album 2.0 Starter Edition free to create your own =
photo slideshows!
http://www.adobe.com/getstarteredition

Regards from a bright but overcast evening in the Village
Michael G.(UK)
------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C56ACA.06DBBFD0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C56ACA.06DBBFD0--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: bassstringrepair_0506.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 30926 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: maximb'day+bassstringrepair_0504.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 11567 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: bassstringrepair_0509.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 26934 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: maximb'day+bassstringrepair_0508.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 29674 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: string repair.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 33439 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: bassstringrepair_0511.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 26626 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: bassstringrepair_0512.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 19121 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: maximb'day+bassstringrepair_0510.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 29358 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: maximb'day+bassstringrepair_0513.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 20795 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: maximb'day+bassstringrepair_0515.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 22938 bytes
Desc: not available