Sojin Daiwoo?

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:19:26 -0500

Anyone heard of this brand of piano? The fallboard says "Sojin" and the (baby grand) soundboard decal says "Daiwoo"? You'd guess it was made in Korea, and you'd be right--there is a "Made in Korea" label on the inner rim.

Second question: in 2003 someone tuned it (for $45!!!) and on the receipt she showed me, he also listed something that has me totally mystified. It says "Adjusted/sanded board to fix sticking keys problem."  What the heck can that be? I was afraid he'd sanded the key bed but I checked the bedding and it is good. Whatayathink? He charged a whole 5 bucks for this interesting operation.

Alan Barnard
Stumped Twice in One Day in Salem, Missouri