Peter Wolford

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:32:06 -0700

List,

I don't think this has been listed yet, but local piano technician extraordinaire, Peter Wolford passed away a few days ago.   He was very well-loved in the San Francisco area.   Most of us here have tuned numerous pianos he had serviced with his name and dates always printed on the plate...small print, I might add.   If you came across one of Peter's pianos it was always up to pitch.   I believe he was one of the founding members of the San Francisco chapter.   Yamaha technician from way back...the old Saint Regis & Leuenberger dealership used to have a photo on their wall of Peter....he had been retired for probably a decade at least...

There is a memorial for Peter this Saturday June 11th at 2:00 PM. at Peter's home located at 11 Ardmore Road in Larkspur, CA.

I can't think of anything else at this time but others may join in....

God speed Peter.  You'll be missed...

David Ilvedson

PS  Peter was a fanatic ham radio operator...