Viennese Action Pliers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:15:46 -0600

Hi Jurgen,
These look a lot like snapring pliers used in automotive repair.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piano Forte Supply=20
  To: Joe Garrett=20
  Cc: pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:49 PM
  Subject: Re: Viennese Action Pliers

  Joe, here is what the capsule pliers which are used to expand the =
capsule to remove and re-insert the hammer shanks look like.  These are =
not in stock as yet, but are on order. =20

  I am working on developing a whole section in my catalog/product =
palette to tools and supplies for the authentic restoration of early and =
Victorian pianos, from tuning pins, string wire, cloth and felt, to =
action parts (where available) etc.  In my view, this has been neglected =
by supply houses in the past.  I sense that awareness is rising as to =
the importance of approaching these instruments in an appropriate manner =
as regards to the parts, tools and techniques used for working on them.

  If I know where there is a need, I will go out and try to source =
solutions.

  Jurgen Goering
  Piano Forte Supply
  www.pianofortesupply.com

  Joe Garrett wrote:

    Jurgen,
    a picture of those pliers would be nice.<G> As I've worked on a few =
of these, it always was a pain in the butt to replace/install those pins =
and then install the Shank into the fork w/the proper amount of =
friction! Yikes said I on the first one.<G>
    Regards,
    Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
    Captain, Tool Police
    Squares R I