Date on old Chickering without knuckles OR "adjusting tack".

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:24:49 -0700 (PDT)

No confirmed date, yet. The plaque screwed to the
side* says 1884.
     I truly want to thank all who have been
forthcoming in this somewhat discouraging enterprise:
knowing that others have suffered, as I soon shall, is
most comforting.

* amazing, isn't it, that someone wants to be
acknowledged for donating what they consider to be a
gorgeous antique ----- so they do this by putting a
bunch of screw holes in the rosewood! Sheesh!