steinway O redesign.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:51:35 EDT

David
  The only significance of the filled notches is  that the cut-off bar was a
recycled multilaminate rim liner  structure  from an old Baldwin upright. I
chose to reuse expensive technology rather than  using a new one.

Dale  -
Regarding the photos (pianostuff 261[1], sent on Fri, 10 Jun 2005  10:43:58
-0400 (EDT) which I don't know how to include in the reply  -  can you
explain (remind me) why the bass cutoff has what look like  filled notches?
Also, does the bass corner of the board get glued, or is  that what you
refer to as floating?
   Bass corner gets glued in. The floats come  behind the bass bridge in the
curve.  Theres' been lot's of discussion  on this stuff. Check archives too.

Also, two more questions.  What's a Jolly loop?
   Arledge now offers a single tie loop to  increase backscale freedom in
pianos with especially short section, which, Are  many. The usual twist tie
stiffens the backsacle and inhibits freedom of  movement. See Roger Jolly
designer, Archives

What's a soundboard fish?  What's the remote on the lower  right do?  That
was three.
   Basically a terble cut-off  again see archives. Overs,  Nossaman,
Fandrich. Love, Farrell
  Best
  Dale

David Skolnik