Kawai CA-40 tuning problem

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:46:58 -0700

Did you tightened the pinblock screws as per my last post?

David I.

Original message
From: Michael Gamble
Subject: Kawai CA-40 tuning problem

Hello Listers
This Kawai grand is not that old. It simply will not stay in=
 tune. My colleague at Glyndebourne had tuned it the previous day=
 - and, like.... it was horrible! Not just the 8ves, but the=
 unisons also. He invited me to "have a go" - which challenge I=
 took up with gusto! Next day I had a "look" at the tuning and=
 found that... although it wasn't as bad as when I started the=
 previous day it had indeed drifted. Now I think the web bushings=
 are soft and the wrest pins are flag-poling. So I have a notion=
 to inject some CA in there to try and solidify those bushes.=
 What does the Team think?
Regards from a Bartered Bride day in the Sussex Downs
Michael G.(UK)