S&S cracked frame

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:01:39 +0100

Hello Dale and also List
Thank you for sharing this information. Again the photos are superb and =
leave nothing to the imagination. What camera do you use? In the UK we =
are very much behind with piano technology and I cannot say I have ever =
heard of or seen advertised such a method of "stitch 'n glue" by our two =
Brit Piano Parts suppliers - Fletcher & Newman (website: =
www.fletcher-newman.co.uk) and Heckscher Piano Parts (no website that I =
know of - but they are also Harpsichord Parts suppliers and are =
therefore stuck firmly in the "hair shirt and sandals brigade era) =
Neither have a really illuminating catalog. Teflon and Protek have only =
just become available. Thank God for the internet! On it I have found =
such luminaries as yourself, Don Rose, Joe Garrett, Andre Oorebeek, =
Roger Jolley and others on the PTG. Such freedom of passing crucial =
information between piano techs is the saving lifeline of our =
profession.
Thank you Dale.
Regards from a Sunny Sussex Village
Michael G.(UK)