Northern Exposure etc.

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:16:17 +0100

Hello List
Anyone remember a film where a frustrated concert pianist demolished a =
concert grand using a heavy microphone stand as a weapon? It was VERY =
graphic as the heavy base of that stand smashed down on the strings and =
split the soundboard.... On reflection maybe we should forget about that =
one...
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 6:53 AM
  Subject: Re: Northern Exposure

  In a message dated 6/15/05 11:33:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =
john@musselwhite.com writes:
    Hi Folks...

    Some of you remember the famous scene in the Northern Exposure =
episode=20
    "Burning Down the House" (eps 3:14) where Chris Stevens flings =
Maggie's=20
    beloved Mason & Hamlin upright with his trebuchet. For those who =
missed it,=20
    or who just want to see it again in slow motion, that episode is =
included=20
    in the Northern Exposure Season 3 DVD disks being released this =
Friday.=20
    Amazon.com has it for a great price and it'll probably be available =
for=20
    rental soon.

    "It's not the thing you fling, it's the fling itself!" - Chris in =
the Morning
    (see http://home.comcast.net/~mcnotes/Fling.html )

                     John
  John,

  Great scene, great show!  Thanks for letting us know.  I'll have to =
check it out.

  Dave Stahl