Crescendo Punchings

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:51:35 +0200

Hi Mark

There was just a very thorough sequence of posts just a month or so back
that went well into this subject. Check out some of the posts from Dr.
Stephen Birkett. To begin with, your supposition that the puchnings are
not in contact with the key before letoff has finished is incorrect. One
has to remember that under play, the action does not do all the same
things that we observe when slowly pressing a key through its entire
stroke for testing purposes. A familiarization of the at least some of
these differences is in order should you wish understand these claimed
(and I think rather clearly substantiated by now) effects.

Cheers
Richard Brekne

I wish you, Jon, or Andre' or anyone here would explain to me _exactly
how_ a punching under a key, which is not touched by the key until after
let-off, can affect the velocity, trajectory, or any other
characteristic of the hammer's flight (if there is any other) so as to
have any influence whatsoever on the tone? Thank you for enlightening me.

Mark Schecter
Oakland, CA