Tuning price

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:57:04 -0700

As a Minotian until 1973, I have to admit $50 seems a little low.=
  I was charging $20 in 1974 in Minot fresh out of Western Iowa=
 Tech.

David I.

Original message
From: Alan Barnard
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Tuning price

Yet another answer to the oft asked question "Why not Minot?"

I'm getting $85 from the local hill folk.

I think it's time for tunings to increase at least 50% in North=
 Dakota. Plus $0.50 per mile. Plus $1.00 for every degree below=
 32 degrees Farenheit, $10 per degree below zero, $10 for every=
 inch of snow over 37, an extra $500 on days when the temperature=
 hits zero degrees Kelvin, and a $1000 surcharge on the really=
 nippy days.

And those would be the summer season rates.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri