Rib Crowned Soundboards.

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:48:45 +0200

Not necessarilly true Dale. I refer to Rons post below, echoed by
Terry,  and Delwin on other occasion. If you press and glue a flat set
of ribs onto a panel into a curved caul at ambient room RH then you will
end up with a significant amount of compression in the panel.

RicB

Also, if the ribs ends curve more after feathering, that can only
come from panel compression. Either the panel is dryer than ambient
room RH% on assembly, or it's pressed into a caul of tighter radius
than the ribs when the ribs are glued on.

Ron N

This is true

   Dale

installing the board at 6.5% EMC (as the RC&S guys are doing as  well, as
it turns out at H. Steinway, if they are not misinforming you)  will
result in a very small amount of compression.  I think 6.5 is  equivalent
to about thirty something percent RH which would put the panel  under a
slight amount of compression at DC controlled 42%.

David Love