Tuning price

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:17:16 -0700

At 10:54 PM 6/21/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks to Susan and all for your interesting thoughts.
>
>John Lillico, RPT
>(an optimistic 64)

Why, you're welcome. I tend to make a lot of mental pictures
these days, starting with, "gasoline is now $10 a gallon, when you
can get it, and the power was out for four hours five times this
week ..........." etc. and then move on from there,
trying to figure out what works, what doesn't, who is doing
what, and so on. The surprising part is that, while many problems
loom huge in these pictures, some other things which have always
bothered me have disappeared. Fewer monster vehicles hogging
the roads. Less light pollution at night, I can see the Milky
Way every evening now, like I did when I was 8. More time to get to
know one's neighbors. More fresh and local food, no more grapes
from Chile while Chileans go hungry ... etc.

Susan