Wurzen Felt

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:19:35 +0200

Hi Ray

This is also my understanding. And I believe follows exactly the basic
history outline that Andre' has reported to this list over the past
couple years.  Non the least of these were discussions on comparisons
between Renner blues and Renners from Germany. IMHO however,  Andre's
contribution to our general awareness of this development, and his
involvement in improvments made to the felt and his experimentation with
pressing methodologies has unquestionably  been of signifcant benifit in
bringing forward an improvement in piano hammers.

Cheers
RicB

Hi Greg,

Wurzen makes three different grades of hammer felt, piano grade, Wurzen
A, and Wurzen AA. According to Jack Brand, owner of Wurzen Felt, the AA
grade came on the market about 18 months ago. At Ronsen, we use AA,
which is the highest quality of Wurzen. It can be identified by the
three "gold lines" in the first several bass hammers. As far as I know,
both Abel and Renner also stock Wurzen AA, as well as other brands of
felt.

Ray Negron
Ronsen Piano Hammer Co.
ray@ronsen-hammer.com <mailto:ray@ronsen-hammer.com>