Cracked Plate

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:59:41 -0400

"looks like it propagates under the felt and it could possibly be connecting
the three struts."

While anything is possible, and I have not looked under the felt, this is a
full plate with an open pinblock. My assumption is that the crack ends right
in the corner of the tuning pin field cut-out. Two of the cracks are
contiguous with this low treble tuning pin field cut-out, but the third
crack is way down at A0. I'm pretty sure the cracks are confined to the
struts only.

Terry Farrell