Tool counseling and possible intervention

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:23:39 -0400

Hi All,
I've spent the past 6 months buying nearly every thing to populate my shop.
You name it, I've bought it....and usually the best I could find.

My wife and two kids are away in Malaysia taking our 7yr old son to an
acupuncture center in Kuala Lumpur,
in hopes of treating his inability to communicate due to Autism.
(Some initial improvement, but no miracles yet.
Thankfully, our son is otherwise healthy, knows who his parents are, and
loves us back.
Not likely he'll ever earn an MBA from Harvard, but then who knows...?
We count our blessings, and at least we know he'll always have that same
heart of gold).

During the 5 months while they've been away, I have been left "unsupervised"
and have tooled up considerably.
My fellow techs here in Boston say that I need 'tool counseling.   I'm
afraid they might be planning an 'intervention'.

Just saw this link on a refinisher's discussion group list, for a cool
milling machine:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&
Type=Product&ID=82573

I have admitted I have the problem, and cannot control my lust for tools,
jigs and machines.
 I understand that's the first of the twelve steps.
Perhaps I'll take up smoking!
Best regards,
Brad Smith, RPT
www.smithpiano.com