Redesigning Mason Hamlin A?

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:30:27 -0400

Yo, list! (adding some urban color, uh, flavor).  Well, that's enough OT
levity.

I've been following, or trying to, the current spate of soundboard
discussions, while still trying to catch up on those of the past year or
so, while, at the same time, getting some extremely helpful information
from Terry Farrell, for which I am deeply indebted.  I'm posting this as a
general question to the list to get a better sense of how this particular
scale (or group of scales) is viewed.  I may not be in a position to
implement any ideas put forward, at the moment, but it would give me an
idea of what to be looking out for.  For example, I've noticed that the top
end of the bass section is extremely cantilevered and has a fairly short
back scale.  From what I've been reading, I gather this is less than ideal.

Public or private responses (in the event that some such information,
derived with considerable time and effort, is deemed to have commercial
value [which, of course, it does]) ) are welcome.

David Skolnik