Kansas City (MO & KS)

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:02:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jack!

I was aware of at least some of the history behind the museum, as Laura Olsen and I live within about 20 minutes of each other and frequently ride together to Chapter meetings (in addition to Board meetings held at her house while she was VP of the Chapter...thanks, Laura!).  In fact, I was honored just to be asked for reactions, and I want to reiterate for all present in this forum that I was MOST pleased with the outcome of all the work that went into the presentation of the museum.  Doubtless I'll be back!

Thanks!

Hello Stan,

   Thank you for the kind words about the Foundation
Museum.  Let me hasten to say that I was not alone
in creating it.

   The seeds were planted many years ago.  At our
fortieth  Anniversary Convention in  Orlando  Fla.
the seeds started growing. This was in July of  97.

   Laura Olsen then President of the Foundation and
knowing of my interest in Piano history talked to me
about this  Museum. My thoughts then were of 2007
and our Fiftieth Anniversary.

  Even as far back as when we bought our first Home
Office Building then PTG  President  Nolan Zeringue
said " now we can have a Museum".  Bruce Dornfeld
among others were early supports of this effort.

  The  actual building of  the Museum  was indeed a
challange.  The displays, items displayed and Pianos
had to be  portable so the space could be cleared in
three hours by three  people which was  my time line.

  This meant that each display and each divider had
to be custom designed and built.  Weight was a large
factor. Added to this my shop was 540 miles from K.C.

  Bottom line It did take the two years and it was worth
it. If it all had to be done again I would still do it.
The look in the eyes of the technicians made it more
than worth it.

Thanks, again

Jack Wyatt

Stan Ryberg