Piano wire tensile strength

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:04:31 -0400

Perhaps there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding somewhere
along the way. 3-4 twist may be a typo for 3/4 twist or a verbal faux pas.

Even 2 complete twists in a bass string make it difficult to maneuver the pin,
let alone try to get it on the hitch pin the first time and I would
only apply 2
twists to the longest of strings. More twists would add too much torsion to the
wire making it nearly unmanageable and I would think, more prone to breakage.

Lo the many bass string removals...nary a one with more than one twist.

Just my twisted opinion.
--

Regards,

Jon Page