Piano wire tensile strength

PAULREVENKOJONES@aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:54:29 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2005 8:46:30 PM Central Standard Time,
Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

> The strings I'm referring to that required what I would call excessive
> twisting (2-3 turns ) had problems from the get go / manufacturing. An they did
> develop false beats after a season or less even though they sounded good
> initially after twisted too much. IMO

Dale:

I guess my question has to do with what causes the "false" (but really real)
beats. Is it directly attributable to twisting, or something deeper in the
string vibratory system after but not because of the twisting. More research.

PR-J