PTG website

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:49:32 -0400 (EDT)

Richard wrote

If I remeber correctly...I had to be approved for
membership at the local level. In fact I thought they
may even discussed me, before accepting my
application. I got the feeling they dont just take
anybody. Would that not have meaning? Or am I out of
it..
Richard

   Your membership in PTG does mean something.
It is a commitment to a code of ethics, that means
something. It should mean a commitment to learn,
to teach, to uphold a goal of raising standards
for the public.

   But the only technical standard we have to uphold
is the tests. Only upon becoming an RPT do we know
something officially. It is true; anyone can become an
associate member today by paying the dues. Some
associates are great, some are novices, hoe are we to
know the difference.

   If we use PTG membership alone as a technically
qualifying factor then we become like a univeristy
degree you mail in $1000 for a piece of paper but
never attend a class, we become like a $500
cirtificate that makes you a minister, just mail in
your money. In otherwords, we essentially would become
a marketing scam.

   The tests are the only standard we have. Perhaps
they can evolve, they are evolving. Perhaps one day
there will be more qualifying actions. For now the
tests is it. Good associates do not deserve to be
lumped into a marketing thrust with associates that
joined yesterday out of curiousity as a hobby.

Do the tests, go for it.
We want you to succeed, to thrive, to pass it on.

       Go for it, you deserve it!

                          Dave Renaud
                          RPT
                          Ottawa