PTG website

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:28:26 -0400

Dave, Ron and list,

Richard is correct in that we all had to be "approved" to join at the local
level. The guild has ignored for years that some may have a particular bent
towards rebuilding or the like and do not wish to tune. This should not
stop the PTG from listing in a simple membership search (which is not a
recommendation but rather a display of the search results from a database)
all results giving the appropriate designation next to the name. This is
not a perk of RPT's but rather a bold faced slam against Associates. We pay
our dues just as the RPT's do and deserve at least showing up in a simple
membership search results page. Does the PTG believe that we should receive
no work until we can pass all tests? Are we to be shuned? Is your standard
RPT or no piano service for the buying public? Nonsense. No wonder many
very qualified individuals don't bother with the PTG.

Greg Newell