Sanderson Temperament

david@davidandersenpianos.com david@davidandersenpianos.com
Tue, 3 May 2005 20:17:01 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, David.  You're right; that's too zippy for the RPT test, and that's
what this thread started with.  Not too zippy for the real world at
all---in fact I beleive that the quick 4ths and very slow 5ths are a big
part of solving the ET puzzle, and having every tuning sound just awesome,
which translates into business success.  The guy that makes the piano
sound a lot better wins, quite simply and brutally. An ideal ET
temperament, locked-in and stabilized with open string tuning, then
applied to the rest of the piano with adequate stretch, which usually
means "beatless" triple octaves throughout, will stand out from most
others, and can be your entree into the high end---if you want to go
there.
BTW, Dale Erwin told me he heard a piano of yours that he was deeply
impressed with.....I love to hear that.

Cheers,

David A.