reminders

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 6 May 2005 00:09:34 EDT

pianoguy@rogers.com writes:

Michael:
How long were you doing piano work, before you got to that point, of no  ads,
and no reminders. How about you others??.
I go through my records monthly and call any one who is due. Some ask me  to
call another time, some book on the spot, some return my call a week or 2
later. I guestimate about 40% of those I call will do it again. Others  say all
is well. They usually call a year or two later. Some I just never hear  from
again. In some cases its just as well[clunkers]and others who  knows!!

Richard,

I'm not quite there yet, but making calls to clients is not the priority it
was even as recently as last year.  Many call me.  I get referrals(by  far the
best advertising) from teachers, a few stores, and many clients.  I  have a
tiny two-line ad in one of the phone books in case somebody has lost my  card.

I've been a full-time tech for about 3 years, though I've been involved in
the piano business for almost 30 years in different capacities.

If you are ethical, honest, and do good work, you will do well in this
business.

Dave Stahl