Customer with updated Yamaha player system

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 7 May 2005 05:41:23 -0400

I'll throw some information your way as I see no one else has responded, =
even though I am not an expert on this topic, but I have taken a couple =
PianoDisk service classes over the years.=20

First thing I would do is get in direct contact with Yamaha in =
California and/or Japan. I strongly doubt that this is anything you want =
to do yourself. I think the piano owner has three options - pay =
qualified service personnel to come to Maui to do the work, send the =
piano to Yamaha to do the work, or replace the piano.

That being said, if you are only replacing the control box and not the =
key activators/plungers (what the heck are those things called?), this =
might be do-able, but again, I would want to talk directly to Yamaha =
about that - or some qualified representative in CA.

Terry Farrell

.....in Freezing (53 degrees right now at 5 AM! - brrrrrrr) but sunny =
Florida
(Whatever happened to global warming?)
  Aloho to all from sunny Maui ,
  I've been ready most of your post with great interest. And I know this =
is the place to get good input if you need some. When I was in KC I had =
a lot of great PTG members to help out with a problem. Maui is very =
different.

  Kind of cut throat here on the islands . Anyway a customer called me =
and wants an updated D.L. system installed.

  She says piano has and older system on it now. My question is what =
will I need to get the job done. I have only sat in on a few PTG classes =
on these and other systems. Just enough to get you able to get around =
the system to fix the piano. The most I've done is repair a harrness the =
a mouse ate up . Kind of hard to get training out here with the cost of =
air travel . Or to send in someone. Just to come over from Oahu it cost =
over $200.00 dollars now. So I'm it .

  Thanks, Brett Glass

  A Sharp Piano Service Maui