No Shows - was: reminders

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 07 May 2005 09:29:41 -0500

> Every time I see a post on this topic I think of one appointment I had a
> few years back. I get to the house and the frantic lady answers the door
> - eyes all red and just jumping out of her shorts - Me: Hello, I'm Terry
> Farrell and am here to service your piano" - Her: "Oh, I'm so sorry, my
> husband was just rushed to the hospital because he had a heart attack,
> but I didn't want to leave because I knew you were coming, can we do
> this some other time, I hate to ask you that.....". I suggested to her
> that she best attend to her husband and we'll catch the piano some other
> time.
>
> So I guess there are both ends of the spectrum!
>
> Terry Farrell

I had one of these where they were leaving in a panic because an
F-16 had just moments before, hit their daughter's house, and they
were rushing to... I can't imagine what. I offered to come back
another time, but she insisted I go on in and tune the piano, and
asked me to lock up on the way out.

It's a pretty broad spectrum. Some days you win, and some days you
don't even get to play.

Ron N