No Shows - was: reminders

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 7 May 2005 10:26:21 -0700

Unfortunately, there are some people who think we do this for a hobby
rather than a living.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of alan and carolyn barnard
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:18 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: No Shows - was: reminders

snip.

But I do occassionally get a kind of down-the-nose treatment from
someone who obviously views the tuner as just another tradesman
(tradesperson?) like an appliance repairman or something. I think that
contributes to inconsiderate people and even people who need to do
things like that to make themselves feel more ... what? powerful?
important?

It bugs me ... not because I think I'm any better than an appliance
repairman but because I think ALL people deserve respect and courtesy. I
treat the appliance guy (as an example) like an old friend. I watch what
he does .... try to learn from it so I can fix it myself the next time.
Ha! Anyway, some folks seem inordinately class-concious and, personally,
I think that shows a real lack of class..snip

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri