CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 7 May 2005 19:43:59 +0200

On 7-mei-05, at 16:37, David Skolnik wrote:

> It would seem to me that the reason this material is unsuitable for=20
> the back rail is not for any dimensional instability but rather its=20
> inadequate noise abatement.  The more I say, the more I suspect I=20
> should read the article.

"This material"  is made of the highest quality Wurzen felt possible.
These guys at that factory are very experienced. They can make felt of=20=

all kinds of density.
We already have back rail felt and it is available in whatever density=20=

'the customer' wants.
Actually, a revolution takes place because we are changing all the=20
woven fabrics under the keyboard to the highest quality Wurzen FELT=20
(and on other parts as well).
That means that regulation will become more stable for a longer time.
A more stable regulation automatically means a more efficient way of=20
the transfer of energy.
A more efficient transfer of energy automatically means a maximum=20
output which means a bigger tone.
A bigger tone, caused by just a better transfer of energy asks for less=20=

voicing which means a preservation of power in the hammer head.
In other words : For just a few insignificant dollars you can get a=20
better tone in your piano.

There is another thing we should be aware of :
Improvements and renewals in any kind of industry have always caused=20
opposition and counteractions.
In an industry like the piano industry, renovations are few and scarce.=20=

That means even more heavy opposition!

More renovations will follow soon though.

*(; >))

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek