CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS and something about aftertouch........

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 7 May 2005 22:09:24 -0700

Thank you for taking so much time for an explanation, and for the due
respect of course.  I do understand how different amounts of aftertouch
can create a different feel, but it=92s not really relevant to my point
about the stop, landing or whatever one chooses to call it.  My point
was much simpler and requires only one sentence:  a harder punching
feels harder at the bottom and a softer one feels softer, and some
people prefer a softer feel.   Changing the aftertouch has completely
different ramifications for action performance.  One can still regulate
that action within normal specifications of aftertouch with a softer
more compressible punching.  While the player, due to their ability to
compress the punching through a wider range, may, in effect, be able
change the amount of apparent aftertouch available, it is primarily the
greater compressibility of the punching which will be responsible for
the difference in feel. =20
=20
You still don=92t believe it?  Try it yourself!
=20
David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20