CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS

Sun, 8 May 2005 10:00:48 +0100

  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:38 PM
  Subject: Re: CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS

  Hey, Andre,=20

  Keep on keeping on!! :-)=20

  Avery

  At 12:43 PM 5/7/05, you wrote:

    On 7-mei-05, at 16:37, David Skolnik wrote:=20

      It would seem to me that the reason this material is unsuitable =
for the back rail is not for any dimensional instability but rather its =
inadequate noise abatement.  The more I say, the more I suspect I should =
read the article.=20

    "This material"  is made of the highest quality Wurzen felt =
possible.=20
    These guys at that factory are very experienced. They can make felt =
of all kinds of density.=20
    We already have back rail felt and it is available in whatever =
density 'the customer' wants.=20
    Actually, a revolution takes place because we are changing all the =
woven fabrics under the keyboard to the highest quality Wurzen FELT (and =
on other parts as well).=20
    That means that regulation will become more stable for a longer =
time.=20
    A more stable regulation automatically means a more efficient way of =
the transfer of energy.=20
    A more efficient transfer of energy automatically means a maximum =
output which means a bigger tone.=20
    A bigger tone, caused by just a better transfer of energy asks for =
less voicing which means a preservation of power in the hammer head.=20
    In other words : For just a few insignificant dollars you can get a =
better tone in your piano.=20

    There is another thing we should be aware of :=20
    Improvements and renewals in any kind of industry have always caused =
opposition and counteractions.=20
    In an industry like the piano industry, renovations are few and =
scarce. That means even more heavy opposition!=20

    More renovations will follow soon though.=20

    friendly greetings=20
    from=20
    Andr=E9 Oorebeek=20

    www.concertpianoservice.nl=20