CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS

Avery Todd avery1@houston.rr.com
Sun, 08 May 2005 07:21:50 -0500

Andr=E9 & list,

All this discussion about the new punchings not being thoroughly tested yet=
=20
has given me a thought. We have Abbey Simon on our faculty; well-known,=20
respected & a sensitive pianist.

With 2 B's in his studio, maybe I could find out which one he likes the=20
most & put the new
punchings in the other, touch-up the dip & regulation on both (it hasn't=20
been done in a
while) & see if his opinion changes!

Or maybe I should do the dip/regulation thing first, then a little later=20
install the
punchings. Perhaps that would be a fairer test.

We also have 4 other B's in piano teachers' studios, all purchased at the=20
same time when we moved into our new building. I could install the=20
punchings only & do nothing else (as Ric
said he did). Even though it wouldn't be a really scientific test, it might=
=20
be very interesting. Most pianists perceptions of touch aren't really=20
scientific, anyway.

Then there are 3 D's that have had new hammers installed, plus regulation,=
=20
etc.

What say y'all? Might be fun as well as informative.

Hmmm. Maybe I should contact Jurgen! :-)

Regards,
Avery =20