Verizon YP fiasco!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 08 May 2005 20:28:02 -0700

The new Verizon YP book has been out in my area (South Bay, CA) for about 6
months, and the final proof that I approved was NOT what appears on the
book! I have tried to contact "customer service" (I use that term very
loosely) in many ways; Letter, fax, phone calls that lead nowhere, etc.
Bottom line is, the ad content and size (significantly smaller than what it
was supposed to be) was completely different from the final proof, yet I
keep getting warning notices demanding payment. I have tried in vain to get
SOMEONE to see that serious mistakes  made by Verizon, namely the rep that
was handling my account; he was "terminated" from what little I have
gathered. So...my question is: Why the heck should I pay for this ad when
Verizon made such an incompetent goof up? It would have been nice for
someone from the Company to at least call and say, "we're really sorry for
the screw up, and because it was solely our fault, we will "credit" you for
the ad". Or at the very least they could have offered to offer a substantial
discount, but no! Not a single solitary contact other than those warning
letters that threaten to ruin your credit! What would YOU do? I realize that
some people would simply roll over and pay the darn bill. But it ISN'T about
the bill; it's principal. TOO many people let these HUGE corporations steam
roll them into submission. I can't be one of them! Btw, I have the actual
final proof that was Fedexed to my doorstep as evidence, which is counter to
their "claim" (included in those nasty letters) that "the ad you approved is
the same as published in the Verizon south bay Super Pages".

Terry Peterson