CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS, after touch, etc...

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sun, 8 May 2005 21:18:18 -0700

Actually, that was Jon Page who wrote that but the point is taken.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 9:14 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS, after touch, etc...

davidlovepianos@comcast.net writes:
I am eager to try these new punchings but I have never been asked
to change out too soft punchings. I have had two professionals ask
to keep their fingers from feeling like they're hitting concrete.
Being a relative lightweight here, I'll offer my opinion anyway...

I DO know of someone who wanted to change out punchings that were too
soft--me!  Can't stand a mushy feel, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

On the other hand, I'm no Godowsky...nonethelesss, I'm eager to put
these punchings in my piano.

I've found this whole exchange quite fascinating, despite the shift back
and forth across the original topic.

Dave Stahl