a kick in the butt.

David Andersen david@davidandersenpianos.com
Mon, 09 May 2005 16:37:15 -0700

> I would like to state here and now, that it was NEVER EVER my intention t=
> make any money on anyone on this list
> I perfectly understand that it could easily be read the other way, but in=
 this
> case it is purely my enthusiasm that has driven me the last years to writ=
> about my experiences with the felt I have written so much about.
> Does anybody here think for one single moment that big money is to be mad=
e out
> of some silly front punchings? HAH....
> Come on folks, I have had a great time finding out about the result with =
my
> tiny felt thingees. Heck, it was fun and that's about it.
>=20
> The suggestion the other day of one of the list subscribers that I "shoul=
> tone down my posts in respect to promoting my product" was actually a maj=
or
> hurtful insult. That was not just a respectful and ethical remark, but ju=
st a
> filthy kick below my belt, and I will never ever forget that.
>=20
> Fortunately, I have the ability to partially neutralize this destructive
> influence, so I will try to continue to behave the way I have before, and=
 with
> an open mind, although it will never be the same as before, for obvious
> reasons.=20
> If one wants to kill and erase honest enthusiasm, for whatever sick reaso=
n...
> that's the way to do it.
>=20
> Andr=E9 Oorebeek=20

Andre----Please understand that the subtext of your antagonizer=B9s post was
crystal clear for those with eyes to see; I guess it=B9s time for me to say
this again:

We have such a small, small world of high-end artisans; there are so many
upsides to checking your ego and your rage and emotional issues at the door=
,
BEFORE you step in. If you can=B9t be here without respect, and collegiality,
if you always have to be taking that little =B3shot,=B2
making that offhand disparaging comment, doing that passive-aggressive
thing, then you are, unfortunately still an emotional teenager, and don=B9t
really deserve to frolic among the adults.
This means you, David Stanwood; you should watch your Freudian slips. I
truly respect the work you=B9ve done over the years;  please, in your
postings, try to be worthy of that same respect.

Let=B9s face reality; we=B9re all in business; we all have a profit motive; if
we were obsessed and driven by money, we=B9d never in a million years work on
pianos, but we all need and want and like to get paid. Andre, or Jurgen
Goering, will never make more than chump change on punching sales. They=B9re
doing it for love first, money second; if that doesn=B9t make sense, then jus=
hit delete right now.

With my best for you,

David Andersen