something about aftertouch........

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 9 May 2005 18:00:12 -0700

Not heated, just warming slightly.  I have, recall, purchased some of
your punchings and put them on a piano recently.  They are firmer and
there is a difference in feel between the Wurzen and the one I normally
use.  I'm not sure which I prefer, but my first impression is that I
prefer a somewhat softer feel, not a lot, but enough that I am unsure
about the use of the punching generally.  I can see, however, how some
would prefer it for the reduction in variability of aftertouch at
different dynamic levels and a certain solid feel at the bottom of the
stroke.  I cannot say for certain that there is a tonal difference
between the Wurzen and the regular woven punching that I use.  There is
a perceived difference as a function of the difference in feel (btw
though I don't consider myself, in Mr. Forsyth's words, an antagonist, I
am a "piano player" as it were), but I cannot say for certain that the
tone production changes or doesn't for that matter.  What is more
important for now is that they do create a different overall impression
and that makes them worth considering.

BTW, it's David not Davis.  Davis Love, professional golfer, makes lots
of money and doesn't have to work on pianos for a living.
Unfortunately, changing my name is not likely to lower my scores to that
extent.

India is beautiful, unless, of course, your karma runs over your dogma.