Spam Dam. Damn was Re: Re: Wants a piano softer

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 9 May 2005 18:28:06 -0700

I just deleted the post asking me to become a "good guy".   That=
 wasn't to hard.

David I.

Original message
From: alan and carolyn barnard
To: Pianotech
Subject: Spam Dam. Damn was Re: Re: Wants a piano softer

Okay, Avery and all, here's the deal. Y'all let me know if this=
 is unreasonable ...

Already tired of "regular" spam (tons of it), I was also getting=
 buried by pleas from lonely housewives, pleas from wealthy=
 Nigerian bankers, and pleas from software and drug vendors--all=
 of whom seem to have a very poor grasp of English grammar and=
 spelling.

I installed Earthlink's protection package which includes the=
 one-time quick verification before an address is certified to be=
 NOT a spam source. I notified the list in case anyone sent me=
 anything privately. I did NOT anticipate that some people, or=
 their software, automatically respond both to the list and off=
 the list when replying to pianotech postings.

Anyone on the list is automatically tagged a "good guy" when I=
 read their post, even if they have not yet authenticated, and=
 will never be bothered again to "click here".

I'm not trying to add to anyone's burden, just trying to get=
 Theresa, whose husband seems to be always out of town so she's=
 always lonesome and ready for fun, to stay the heck out of my=
 computer!

Personally, I'd like to have a button in my browser that traces=
 this crap back to the source and incinerates their computer. In=
 fact, I'm developing a system to do just that. Need some Beta=
 testers to send me some spam. Anybody?

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri