DEAD NOTES

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Tue, 10 May 2005 07:48:41 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0018_01C55534.AF833880
=20
I am looking for some more help.
I have a customer who had her long time technician overdo some needling
voicing on D42 and D#43.  These two notes are considerably =93deader=94 =
than
the surrounding notes.  She does not want to use him anymore.
It is a BIG Baldwin grand, just short of 7 feet.  I have switched
hammers with the neighboring =93good=94 notes only to find that the =
=93dead
tone=94 follows the hammer.  I believe that this tells me the problem is
NOT in the strings or action, but the hammer itself.
I have =93juiced=94 them with a solution of acetone and melted keytops.  =
(
actually I =93overcooked=94 the D# abit=85now it=92s tinny upon impact). =
 The
client appreciates my effort so far and believes that the previous tech
really messed up the hammers.
Other than getting 2 new hammers, what can I do?
And=85if I need to get 2 new hammers, where can I get just 2 ?
Baldwin/Gibson won=92t return calls.  And I don=92t want to get a whole =
set
of hammers for just 2.
      Brian P. Doepke
      A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc=20